- of or relating to Kanara, a part of the Maharashtra province in W India.
- one of a Dravidian people living mainly in the state of Karnataka, in southwest India.
Origin of Kanarese
Examples from the Web for canarese
Historical Examples of canarese
The marriage rites are a blend of the Canarese and Telugu types.
They speak a very corrupt form of Tamil, mixed with Canarese.
Their words appear to be taken chiefly from Tamil, Telugu, and Canarese.
A large efflux to the Canarese and Tulu countries was the result.
This word is the Canarese equivalent for a bull, an animal sacred to Siva.
- a variant spelling of Kanarese
- plural -rese a member of a people of S India living chiefly in Kanara
- the language of this people; Kannada