- a member of an ecclesiastical chapter.
- capitulars, the laws or statutes of a chapter or of an ecclesiastical council.
- Botany. capitate.
- pertaining to an ecclesiastical or other chapter.
Origin of capitular
Examples from the Web for capitular
Historical Examples of capitular
But the Cathedral has claims upon others beside the Capitular body.Ely Cathedral
Finally, a capitular government in missionary countries was a physical impossibility, and would disrupt the whole Order.The Jesuits, 1534-1921
Thomas J. Campbell
Throughout the whole reign elections by capitular bodies were constantly set at nought.The English Church in the Middle Ages
Here the dean and chapter met for the transaction of their capitular affairs, and here the bishop held his synods.
We found interesting mention of it in several places when setting in order the chaotic mass of capitular muniments at Lichfield.Curious Church Customs
- of or associated with a cathedral chapter
- of or relating to a capitulum