- to send a duplicate of a document, email, or the like to: I always cc my boss when I write a memo to my staff.
- to send (a duplicate of a document, email, or the like) to someone: Jim, please cc this to each of the department heads.
Origin of cc
initialism for carbon copy; with reference to the former use of carbon paper to make copies, now replaced by electronic or photocopied documents
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- carbon copy or copies
- Southern African close corporation
- cubic centimetre(s)
- Cocos Islands
- City Council
- (in Britain) Competition Commission
- County Council
- Cricket Club
- Companion of the Order of Canada
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for cced
1936 as abbreviation of carbon copy in business correspondence.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- chief complaint
- cubic centimeter
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Abbreviation of cubic centimeter
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.