- capable of being certified.
- legally committable to a mental institution.
- Sometimes Facetious. fit or ready for an insane asylum.
- uncontrollable; insane: a certifiable desire.
Origin of certifiable
Related Words for certifiableinsane, unhinged, mental, demented, mad, schizophrenic, hysterical, deranged, frenzied, crazy, lunatic, nuts, sick, psycho, manic-depressive, loony, psychotic, psychoneurotic, raving, distracted
Examples from the Web for certifiable
Contemporary Examples of certifiable
This is a certifiable situation in our collective nervous lap, and the time is now for.ISIS and BS
October 15, 2014
A 100 percent certifiable truth for sure—at least until the next study.New Research Contradicts Calorie-Restriction Claims
September 1, 2012
Unless you count the certifiable outlier, Michele Bachmann, Sarah Palin is the only one they have left.How the GOP Loses Women
November 1, 2009
Historical Examples of certifiable
- capable of being certified
- fit to be certified as insane
- That can or must be certified. Used of infectious, industrial, and other diseases that are required by law to be reported to health authorities.
- Relating to or being a person showing disordered behavior of sufficient gravity to justify involuntary mental hospitalization.