- containing or impregnated with salts of iron, as a mineral spring or medicine.
- a chalybeate water, medicine, or the like.
Origin of chalybeate
Examples from the Web for chalybeate
Historical Examples of chalybeate
Superstition has its season as well as sulphur-baths and chalybeate springs.In the Heart of Vosges
Hampstead was quite a health resort, with chalybeate springs.The Tatler, Volume Two
I came here with Eliza to get her some of this chalybeate water.Old Kensington
I took a sip, and found it of the flavour of chalybeate springs.The King of Schnorrers
Twenty-one years of Chalybeate (a groan from the back of the room).The Passionate Elopement
- containing or impregnated with iron salts
- any drug containing or tasting of iron
Word Origin for chalybeate
- Impregnated with or containing iron salts.