- a city in and the capital of Savoie, in SE France.
- a dry vermouth from this city.
- a department in E France. 2389 sq. mi. (6185 sq. km). Capital: Chambéry.
- French name of Savoy.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for chambery
But their courage did not keep them long at it in gauze de Chambery and India mull.Missy
Miriam Coles Harris
He travelled to Chambery by the two o'clock train yesterday.
You drove the car on Tuesday morning before you went to Chambery?
Wethermill went to Chambery that afternoon when we went to Geneva.
We get the first Alpine adventure just before reaching Chambery.Italian Alps
Douglas William Freshfield
- a city in SE France, in the Alps: skiing centre; former capital of the duchy of Savoy. Pop: 55 786 (1999)
- a department of E France, in Rhône-Alpes region. Capital: Chambéry. Pop: 386 246 (2003 est). Area: 6188 sq km (2413 sq miles)
- the French name for Savoy 1
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012