- Pinyin, Wade-Giles. a city in and the capital of Jilin province, in NE China: former capital of Manchuria.
or Chi·lin, Ki·rin
- a province in NE China, N of the Yalu River. 72,201 sq. mi. (187,001 sq. km). Capital: Changchun.
- a port city in this province, on the Songhua River: a former provincial capital.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for changchun
Historical Examples of changchun
The great money crop is the soy bean, and the lower picture shows miles of beans and bean-cake awaiting shipment at Changchun.Where Half The World Is Waking Up
- a city in NE China, capital of Jilin province: as Hsinking, capital of the Japanese state of Manchukuo (1932–45). Pop: 3 092 000 (2005 est)
- a province of NE China, in central Manchuria. Capital: Changchun. Pop: 27 040 000 (2003 est). Area: 187 000 sq km (72 930 sq miles)
- Also called: Chi-lin (ˈtʃiːˈlɪn) a river port in NE China, in N central Jilin province on the Songhua River. Pop: 1 496 000 (2005 est)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012