- Charles Richard,1904–50, U.S. physician: developer of blood-bank technique.
- Daniel,1797–1879, U.S. financier and capitalist.
- John,1827–62, U.S. actor, born in Ireland.
- his son, John, 1853–1927, U.S. actor.
- a male given name: from a Germanic word meaning “trusty.”
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the past tense of draw
Word Origin and History for charles drew
Old English dreow, past tense of draw (v.).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper