- showily or affectedly elegant or trendy; pretentious.
- a chichi person or thing.
- the quality of being chichi.
Origin of chichi
Synonyms for chichiSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Examples from the Web for chichi
Contemporary Examples of chichi
There are a lot of chichi restaurants claiming to be “farm-to-table” these days.Spaghetti for Breakfast?! Not So Crazy at This Idaho Farm Café
Jane & Michael Stern
August 4, 2014
Their flash and trash made sense in LA—hulking hairdos, blinding bling, chichi couture, froufrou wheels, rococoocoo estates, etc.What I Saw at the Revolution
February 11, 2009
Historical Examples of chichi
While she was fighting with the Chichi brothers, Tsanunewa ran on, ran to the west.Creation Myths of Primitive America
Chichi irritated him because of the independence of her tastes.
In times of peace, Chichi had rather admired this personage.
Chichi turned her great eyes in astonishment from one side to the other.
The first person that he encountered on his arrival was Chichi.
- affectedly pretty or stylish
- the quality of being affectedly pretty or stylish
Word Origin for chichi
- a person of mixed British and Indian descent; Anglo-Indian
- (as modifier)a chichi accent