- producing color.
- Chemistry. pertaining to chromogen or a chromogen.
- (of bacteria) producing some characteristic color or pigment that is useful as a means of identification.
Origin of chromogenic
Examples from the Web for chromogenic
Historical Examples of chromogenic
Two or three chromogenic forms producing still other colors have occasionally been found in milk.
The cause of the difficulty has been traced by Connell to the development of a chromogenic bacterium, Bacillus rudensis.
No means are known by which these coloured spots, due to the growth of chromogenic organisms, can be removed from the rubber.The Preparation of Plantation Rubber
It also acts as a chromogenic centre when double bonds or ethylenic linkages are present, as in fluorene ketone or fluorenone.
- producing colour
- of or relating to a chromogen
- photog involving the use of chromogens rather than silver halide during processing to produce the imagechromogenic film
- Of or relating to a chromogen or to chromogenesis.