- any of several composite plants of the genus Chrysanthemum, as C. leucanthemum, the oxeye daisy, having white ray flowers with a yellow center.
- any cultivated variety of the plant C. morifolium, native to China, and of other species of Chrysanthemum, notable for the diversity of color and size of their autumnal flowers.
- the flower of any such plant.
Origin of chrysanthemum
Examples from the Web for chrysanthemum
Contemporary Examples of chrysanthemum
Since it was early afternoon, Rinzler gave me a crash-course in “right drinking” over a pot of Chrysanthemum tea.Meditation Teacher Lodro Rinzler Rebrands Buddhism to Deal with Drinking and Sex
February 11, 2012
Her efforts were so successful that the newspapers referred to Twain's locks as a "chrysanthemum of white hair."America's First Modern Celebrity
Laura Skandera Trombley
March 20, 2010
Historical Examples of chrysanthemum
The Chrysanthemum is acknowledged to be the queen of autumn.The Mayflower, January, 1905
A chrysanthemum on a longer stalk than the others bent its petals into the light.The Choice of Life
She had said: "Chrysanthemum, when you walk it is like the hopping of a frog."The Fulfilment of a Dream of Pastor Hsi's
A. Mildred Cable
Be on the lookout for black beetle on Aster and Chrysanthemum.Amateur Gardencraft
Eben E. Rexford
The beauty of his soul is finer than any chrysanthemum, and it is flitting.The Life and Letters of Lafcadio Hearn, Volume 2
- any widely cultivated plant of the genus Chrysanthemum, esp C. morifolium of China, having brightly coloured showy flower heads: family Asteraceae (composites)
- any other plant of the genus Chrysanthemum, such as oxeye daisy