- a town in and the capital of Grisons, in E Switzerland.
- a canton in E Switzerland. 2747 sq. mi. (7115 sq. km). Capital: Chur.
Examples from the Web for chur
Historical Examples of chur
He became a Christian, and was baptized by the Bishop of Chur.Tales and Legends of the Tyrol
A. von Gnther
Like Lausanne or Chur or Sitten, the bishop was also a powerful chief.Curiosities of Christian History
At Chur we slept, and early next morning started for our homeward drive to Davos.Sketches and Studies in Italy and Greece
John Addington Symonds
He decided that, before quitting Chur, he would borrow money on this ring, or that he would try to sell it.
The morning of the following day the enemy arrived at Chur, whence he proceeded to Berne.
- an informal expression of agreement
- a city in E Switzerland, capital of Graubünden canton. Pop: 32 989 (2000)Ancient name: Curia Rhaetorum (ˈkuːrɪə riːˈtəʊrəm, ˈkjuː-) French name: Coire
- the French name for Graubünden