- Physiology. to heal by inducing the formation of a cicatrix.
- to become healed by the formation of a cicatrix.
Origin of cicatrize
Examples from the Web for cicatrization
Historical Examples of cicatrization
They hold the lid in position during the process of cicatrization.
Under these circumstances it has appeared to me to promote their cicatrization.
As a rule, however, the ulcers are purified and heal by cicatrization.Valere Aude
Cicatrization is accomplished by the development of fibrous tissue in the floor and borders of the ulcer.
When the intermission is of considerable duration it is probable that cicatrization has been in progress.
- (of a wound or defect in tissue) to close or be closed by scar formation; heal
- The process of scar formation.
- To heal by forming scar tissue.