- Also called electric circuit. the complete path of an electric current, including the generating apparatus, intervening resistors, or capacitors.
- any well-defined segment of a complete circuit.
verb (used with object)
verb (used without object)
LEARN THE SPANISH WORDS FOR THESE COMMON ANIMALS!
Idioms for circuit
Origin of circuit
OTHER WORDS FROM circuit
Words nearby circuit
Example sentences from the Web for circuit
What these brain circuits actually do is calculate an estimated reward, based on your knowledge, expectations, and decisions, versus what actually happens.This Is How Your Brain Responds to Social Influence|Shelly Fan|August 25, 2020|Singularity Hub
In a recent study, we reported how we managed to extract copper from discarded computer circuit boards using this method and recycle it into high-quality foil.We’re Using Microbes to Clean Up Toxic Electronic Waste. Here’s How|Sebastien Farnaud|August 20, 2020|Singularity Hub
Such circuits could be built into small, portable devices, and would carry out complex computational tasks that today only supercomputers can handle.
SDG&E has increased its capacity to modify grids and move power loads to other circuits, Winn said.
This means that its effect is temporary, giving the neural circuit breathing room to readjust its activity.Scientists Used Dopamine to Seamlessly Merge Artificial and Biological Neurons|Shelly Fan|June 23, 2020|Singularity Hub
And in September 2008, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit ordered the release of a 21-photo subset.The Detainee Abuse Photos Obama Didn’t Want You To See|Noah Shachtman, Tim Mak|December 15, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Take the case of Herx v. Diocese of Fort Wayne, an employment discrimination suit in the Seventh Circuit.Catholic Church: Religious Freedom Trumps Civil Rights|Jay Michaelson|November 23, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Most of the young trekkers traversing the circuit still find time to check their email and update their Facebook pages.
In the meantime, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals is investigating the incident.
And this was how, on Aug. 11, Aaron Walker and his co-defendants ended up on the 9th floor of the Montgomery County circuit court.
A, B, C represent the circuit wires from the terminals of the window and door switches, to the annunciators.Electricity for Boys|J. S. Zerbe
From this decision Mr. Peyton shortly afterwards appealed to the Circuit Court, then the appellate tribunal in such cases.Memoir of John Howe Peyton|Various
A current indicator is inserted in the circuit consisting of a solenoid of nine turns.
This may be shown by a galvanometer put in the circuit before beginning the experiment.Things a Boy Should Know About Electricity|Thomas M. (Thomas Matthew) St. John
He cut in the circuit, and waited for the phone's TV screen to show the face of his caller.The Penal Cluster|Ivar Jorgensen (AKA Randall Garrett)
British Dictionary definitions for circuit
- a complete route or course, esp one that is curved or circular or that lies around an object
- the area enclosed within such a route
- a complete path through which an electric current can flow
- (as modifier)a circuit diagram
- a periodical journey around an area, as made by judges, salesmen, etc
- the route traversed or places visited on such a journey
- the persons making such a journey
- a series of tournaments in which the same players regularly take partthe international tennis circuit
- the circuit the contestants who take part in such a series