coefficient of restitution
the ratio of the relative velocity after impact to the relative velocity before the impact of two colliding bodies, equal to 1 for an elastic collision and 0 for an inelastic collision.
Salem witch trialsRead more in this article about some frequently asked questions and fun facts related to our definitions.
writ of habeas corpusRead more in this article about some frequently asked questions and fun facts related to our definitions.
- coefficient of correlation,
- coefficient of elasticity,
- coefficient of expansion,
- coefficient of friction,
- coefficient of performance,
- coefficient of variation,
- coefficient of viscosity,
Origin of coefficient of restitution
First recorded in 1875–80
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019