- a state in SW Mexico, on the Pacific Coast. 2010 sq. mi. (5205 sq. km).
- a city in and the capital of this state, in the E part.
- a volcano NW of this city, in Jalisco state. 12,631 feet (3850 meters).
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for colima
I hope everything's all right at your home in Colima, with your family.
The main house was thirty miles from Colima, the capital of the state.
Then he remembered that Vicente would be in Colima, at school.
I must dress and get away to Colima, have a nieve with some friends.
Roberto rode off on a magnificent black he had borrowed from a Colima friend.
- a state of SW Mexico, on the Pacific coast: mainly a coastal plain, rising to the foothills of the Sierra Madre, with important mineral resources. Capital: Colima. Pop: 238 000 (2005 est). Area: 5455 sq km (2106 sq miles)
- a city in SW Mexico, capital of Colima state, on the Colima River. Pop: 106 967 (1990)
- Nevado de Colima a volcano in SW Mexico, in Jalisco state. Height: 4339 m (14 235 ft)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012