- a state in SW Mexico, on the Pacific Coast. 2010 sq. mi. (5205 sq. km).
- a city in and the capital of this state, in the E part.
- a volcano NW of this city, in Jalisco state. 12,631 feet (3850 meters).
Examples from the Web for colima
Historical Examples of colima
The main house was thirty miles from Colima, the capital of the state.
I hope everything's all right at your home in Colima, with your family.
Then he remembered that Vicente would be in Colima, at school.
"I want to go to Colima tomorrow," she said, her head turned away.
I must dress and get away to Colima, have a nieve with some friends.
- a state of SW Mexico, on the Pacific coast: mainly a coastal plain, rising to the foothills of the Sierra Madre, with important mineral resources. Capital: Colima. Pop: 238 000 (2005 est). Area: 5455 sq km (2106 sq miles)
- a city in SW Mexico, capital of Colima state, on the Colima River. Pop: 106 967 (1990)
- Nevado de Colima a volcano in SW Mexico, in Jalisco state. Height: 4339 m (14 235 ft)