- Literary. pertaining to America or the United States.
- pertaining to Christopher Columbus.
- Printing. a 16-point type of a size between English and great primer.
Origin of Columbian
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for columbian
Or they'll build a pipeline through pristine British Columbian rain forest rather than open Nebraska farmland.The Quixotic Crusade Against the Keystone Pipeline
March 1, 2013
Her work for the police department and her relationship with McGarrity were first reported by The Columbian.The Cop Who Fell For His Informant
September 21, 2010
The indignation of the glowing young Columbian knew no bounds.Life And Adventures Of Martin Chuzzlewit
This, however, was not all the fanaticism which I found in this Columbian Orator.
Webster's spelling book and the Columbian Orator were looked into again.
It is appropriately dedicated to the Columbian Chemical Society.James Cutbush
Edgar F. Smith
I am aware of the traditions of your paper, the 'Columbian.'The Hindered Hand
Sutton E. Griggs
- of or relating to the United States
- relating to Christopher Columbus
- a size of printer's type, approximately equal to 16 point; two-line Brevier
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012