- objects or parts made of wood.
- the interior wooden fittings, especially of a house, as doors, stairways, or moldings.
- come out of the woodwork, Informal. to appear or materialize suddenly and unexpectedly: Since mortgage rates declined, prospective buyers have been coming out of the woodwork.
Origin of woodwork
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the art, craft, or skill of making things in wood; carpentry
- components made of wood, such as doors, staircases, etc
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for come out of the woodwork
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper