- of, pertaining to, involving, or decided by competition: competitive sports; a competitive examination.
- well suited for competition; having a feature that makes for successful competition: a competitive price.
- having a strong desire to compete or to succeed.
- useful to a competitor; giving a competitor an advantage: He was careful not to divulge competitive information about his invention.
Origin of competitive
Examples from the Web for competitively
Contemporary Examples of competitively
Dynamism is increasingly driven not by economies of scale but by competitively driven marginal improvements.Relax—Both Parties Are Going Extinct
November 4, 2014
Historical Examples of competitively
First cultivate all your personal powers, not competitively, but patiently and usefully.On the Old Road, Vol. 2 (of 2)
That men should competitively angle shows, indeed, a great want of true angling sentiment.Angling Sketches
Cheese-hunting is one of the greatest—and least competitively crowded—of sports.The Complete Book of Cheese
Robert Carlton Brown
- involving or determined by rivalrycompetitive sports
- sufficiently low in price or high in quality to be successful against commercial rivals
- relating to or characterized by an urge to competea competitive personality