- a shell-like structure, especially the external ear.
- any turbinate bone, especially in the nose.
- Architecture. conch(def 5).
Origin of concha1
1605–15; < New Latin, Latin: conch
- a disk, traditionally of hammered silver and resembling a shell or flower, used as decoration on belts, harness, etc.
Origin of concha2
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- any bodily organ or part resembling a shell in shape, such as the external ear
- Also called: conch architect the half dome of an apse
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Any of various structures, such as the external ear, that resemble a shell in shape.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.