- corresponding in form, nature, or character; similar.
- compliant; obedient; submissive: a conformable disposition.
- Geology. of or relating to an unbroken sequence of strata or beds, characteristic of uninterrupted deposition.
Origin of conformable
Related Words for conformableadapted, agreeable, alike, amenable, applicable, assorted, comparable, compliant, consistent, docile, fitted, fitting, harmonious, like, obedient, orderly, proper, regular, resembling, similar
Examples from the Web for conformable
Historical Examples of conformable
We had supposed that her operations were uniform--conformable to fixed laws of movement.Life: Its True Genesis
R. W. Wright
Opening their eyes, they see a conformable and perfect world.Jennie Gerhardt
I suppressed this, replacing it by one conformable to my arrangements.
The best will always be the simplest, and that which is most conformable to nature.The Natural History of Cage Birds
J. M. Bechstein
His practice appears to have been conformable to his theory.
- corresponding in character; similar
- obedient; submissive
- (foll by to) in agreement or harmony (with); consistent (with)
- (of rock strata) lying in a parallel arrangement so that their original relative positions have remained undisturbed
- maths (of two matrices) related so that the number of columns in one is equal to the number of rows in the other