Words nearby crashing
OTHER WORDS FROM crashingcrash·ing·ly, adverb
Definition for crashing (2 of 2)
verb (used without object)
- to sleep.
- to have a temporary place to sleep or live without payment: He let me crash at his house.
- to fall asleep: I get home in the evening and I just crash till it's time for dinner.
verb (used with object)
- to gain admittance to, even though uninvited: to crash a party.
- to enter without a ticket, permission, etc.: to crash the gate at a football game.
Origin of crash1
OTHER WORDS FROM crashcrash·er, noun
Examples from the Web for crashing
Even more luckily, that bungee cord was short enough to keep it from crashing.Muppet Beastie Boys, Robin Williams Tribute, and More Viral Videos|The Daily Beast Video|August 17, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The caffeine high with “no crash later” might be crashing after all.
The full translation follows: In the region of Torez, a AN-26 was just shot down, crashing behind the “progress” mine.Latest News on Malaysian Airliner Reportedly Shot Down Over Ukraine|The Daily Beast|July 17, 2014|DAILY BEAST
From Will Ferrell crashing a World Cup rally to a cliff dive Slip ‘n Slide, WATCH our countdown of this week’s buzziest videos.Will Ferrell Soccer Speech, Cliff Dive Slip ‘N Slides, and More Viral Videos|Alex Chancey|June 29, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Will our societies bear up under the lightning that is crashing down on them?
Soon the crashing of glass was heard, as stones were hurled at the dwellings of known Catholics.Orange and Green|G. A. Henty
Then he heard a crashing fall on the other side of the house, as if somebody had tumbled headlong over a chair—then silence.Tales of Unrest|Joseph Conrad
Crashing planks and timber and exploding shells seemed to be all about them.Dewey and Other Naval Commanders|Edward S. Ellis
He did not speak again, nor did the friend who stood watchfully beside the spluttering, crashing machine.Lola|Owen Davis
Other crashing sounds announced that the 95 enemy machines were busily at work.Air Service Boys Over The Enemy's Lines|Charles Amory Beach
British Dictionary definitions for crashing (1 of 3)
British Dictionary definitions for crashing (2 of 3)
- requiring or using intensive effort and all possible resources in order to accomplish something quicklya crash programme
- sudden or vigorousa crash halt; a crash tackle