- a rounded projection or tooth, as on the margin of a leaf.
- Anatomy. (in erythrocytes) the state of being or becoming shrunken with a notched or indented edge.
- a notch between teeth.
Origin of crenation
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
crenature (ˈkrɛnəˌtjʊə, ˈkriː-)
- any of the rounded teeth or the notches between them on a crenate structure
- a crenate formation or condition
- The condition or state of being crenate.
- A process resulting from osmosis in which red blood cells, in a hypertonic solution, shrink and acquire a scalloped surface.