- a deposit or coating of refuse or of an impure or alien substance; muck.
- a filthy, repulsive, or contemptible person.
- something that is worthless, objectionable, or contemptible.
- prevarication, exaggeration, or flattery.
- a nonspecific, imaginary, or vaguely defined disease or disorder of the body: jungle crud.
- any unpleasant external ailment, disorder, or the like, as a skin rash.
- venereal disease, especially syphilis.
- Vulgar. dried semen.
verb (used with or without object), crud·ded, crud·ding.
CAN YOU GUESS THESE WORDS FROM AROUND THE US?
Origin of crud
regional variation note for crud
Words nearby crud
Example sentences from the Web for crud
As if to underscore the point, he is just back from Iraq and was coughing from what he called “Baghdad crud.”
Certainly all that crust and crud on his painting was exciting.
Crude′ness; Crud′ity, rawness: unripeness: that which is crude.
Figure 122 of Klein's seventh plate was correctly quoted as illustrative: "crud" preceded "niger."