- a former state in W India, now part of Gujarat state.
- Rann of [ruhn] /rʌn/, a salt marsh NE of this area. 9000 sq. mi. (23,310 sq. km).
Examples from the Web for cutch
Historical Examples of cutch
The oil is linseed, and the nets are soaked in it before they are tanned by the cutch.Edward FitzGerald and "Posh"
Its nests have also been taken in Rajputana, Katywar, and Cutch.Indian Birds
The only place in India where flamingos are known to breed is the Run of Cutch.Glimpses of Indian Birds
If it is bleached entirely or to a large extent, the dye is cutch.The Manufacture of Paper
Robert Walter Sindall
This is the real cutch, as distinguished from the mangrove "cutch."Leather
K. J. Adcock
- another name for catechu
- a variant spelling of Kutch
- a former state of W India, on the Gulf of Kutch (an inlet of the Arabian Sea): part of Gujarat state since 1960
- Rann of Kutch an extensive salt waste in W central India, and S Pakistan: consists of the Great Rann in the north and the Little Rann in the southeast; seasonal alternation between marsh and desert; some saltworks. In 1968 an international tribunal awarded about 10 per cent of the border area to Pakistan. Area: 23 000 sq km (9000 sq miles)