- a manifolding device consisting of a kind of pen with a small toothed wheel at the end that cuts minute holes in a specially prepared paper stretched over a smooth surface: used to produce a stencil from which copies are printed.
Origin of cyclostyle1
- a circular colonnade or columned building open at the center.
Origin of cyclostyle2
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for cyclostyle
Historical Examples of cyclostyle
Cyclostyle, sī′klo-stīl, n. an apparatus for multiplying copies of a writing.
- a kind of pen with a small toothed wheel, used for cutting minute holes in a specially prepared stencil. Copies of the design so formed can be printed on a duplicator by forcing ink through the holes
- an office duplicator using a stencil prepared in this way
- (tr) to print on a duplicator using such a stencil
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012