- of or relating to the former Czechoslovakia, its people, or their language.
- of or relating to the Czech Republic, its people, or their language.
GEE WHILLIKERS! WAIT TILL YOU SEE THIS WORD OF THE DAY QUIZ!
OTHER WORDS FROM Czechnon-Czech, adjective, nounpro-Czech, adjective, noun
Words nearby Czech
Definition for Czech (2 of 2)
Example sentences from the Web for Czech
The former Czech leader, once a global darling of libertarians, is losing friends fast.Vaclav Klaus, Libertarian Hero, Has His Wings Clipped by Cato Institute|James Kirchick|December 22, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The wounded Czech soldier succumbed to his injuries at a hospital in Prague on July 14.
The bombing left another Czech soldier and eight others wounded.
The following year, in 1998, the U.S. Senate voted 80 to 19 to admit Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic into NATO.
Back in 1999, the European Court of Human Rights found that the Czech Republic was guilty of segregating Roma school children.
This invitation, which would have directly connected the Crown with Czech national interests, was not accepted.History of Modern Europe 1972-1878|C. A. Fyffe
Then he replied in a strange outlandish tongue that was, as a matter of fact, Czech.The War in the Air|Herbert George Wells
Czech beer, he was reminded all over again, is the best in the world.Freedom|Dallas McCord Reynolds
We poured out of the dark mines and united in Czech battalions to fight in the armies of Kerensky.World's War Events, Volume III|Various
The Czech put his big flat record-book under his arm and left the room.The White Terror and The Red|Abraham Cahan
British Dictionary definitions for Czech
- of, relating to, or characteristic of the Czech Republic, its people, or its language
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Bohemia and Moravia, their people, or their language
- (loosely) of, relating to, or characteristic of the former Czechoslovakia or its people
- a native or inhabitant of the Czech Republic
- a native or inhabitant of Bohemia or Moravia
- (loosely) a native, inhabitant, or citizen of the former Czechoslovakia