- a brand of deep freezer.
- to quick-freeze (food).
- to store in a frozen state.
Origin of deep-freeze
Examples from the Web for deepfreeze
Historical Examples of deepfreeze
And did you use anything from the deepfreeze normally, in connection with the preparation of an evening meal?Warren Commission (3 of 26): Hearings Vol. III (of 15)
The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
- a type of refrigerator in which food, etc, is stored for long periods at temperatures below freezing
- storage in or as if in a deepfreeze
- informal a state of suspended activity
- (tr) to freeze or keep in or as if in a deepfreeze
Word Origin and History for deepfreeze
registered trademark (U.S. Patent Office, 1941) of a type of refrigerator; used generically for "cold storage" since 1949.