- to make intense or more intense.
- to make more acute; strengthen or sharpen.
- Photography. to increase the density and contrast of (a negative) chemically.
- to become intense or more intense.
Origin of intensify
Synonyms for intensify
1, 2. See aggravate.
Antonyms for intensify
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to make or become intense or more intense
- (tr) to increase the density of (a photographic film or plate)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper