- Medicine/Medical. to produce certain male secondary sex characteristics in (a female).
- to make masculine in character, quality, or appearance: The presence of two large leather sofas seemed to masculinize the whole room.
Also especially British, mas·cu·lin·ise.
Origin of masculinize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to make or become masculine, esp to cause (a woman) to show male secondary sexual characteristics as a result of taking steroids
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- To give a masculine appearance or character to.
- To cause a female to assume masculine characteristics, as through hormonal imbalance.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.