- an artificial replacement of one or several of the teeth (partial denture), or all of the teeth (full denture) of either or both jaws; dental prosthesis.
- a set of teeth.
Origin of denture
Examples from the Web for denture
Historical Examples of denture
This denture is nothing else than a phylogenetic incident in the ontogeny of the whale.The Sexual Question
In discussing dental dreams I have pointed out the importance of having the denture examined for possible pus pockets.Psychoanalysis
The manufacture of a denture of this character was tedious and uncertain, and required much skill.
The whitish tips of denture are conical, compressed, and rather acute.The Beaked Whales of the Family Ziphidae
The aid of the dentist is required to fit a denture which will at least restore the hard palate and alveolar margin.
- Also called: dental plate, false teeth a partial or full set of artificial teeth
- rare a set of natural teeth
Word Origin for denture
- A partial or complete set of artificial teeth for either the upper or lower jaw.dental plate
- dentures A complete set of removable artificial teeth for both jaws.