- Optics. pertaining to dioptrics: dioptric images.
- Optics, Ophthalmology. noting or pertaining to refraction or refracted light.
Origin of dioptric
Examples from the Web for dioptric
Historical Examples of dioptric
Two methods of lighting have been employed—the Catoptric and the Dioptric systems.Grace Darling
In order to complete the dioptric apparatus a lens is necessary.The Origin of Vertebrates
Walter Holbrook Gaskell
We have (with the consent of the author) altered these to the dioptric system.Schweigger on Squint
In fishes and reptiles, as Owen has remarked, "The range of gradation of dioptric structures is very great."On the Origin of Species
A new lantern and dioptric apparatus were erected on the tower in 1902.
- of or concerned with dioptrics
- of or denoting refraction or refracted light
- Relating to the refraction of light, especially by a lens. Dioptric lenses are used in Fresnel lenses and camera viewfinders. Compare catadioptric catoptric.