- absence of interest; indifference.
- to divest of interest or concern.
Origin of disinterest
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019
Related Words for disinterestingoffend, bore, irritate, alienate, disinterest, displease, nauseate, repel, sicken, disenchant
- freedom from bias or involvement
- lack of interest; indifference
- (tr) to free from concern for personal interests
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012