- to pay no attention to; leave out of consideration; ignore: Disregard the footnotes.
- to treat without due regard, respect, or attentiveness; slight: to disregard an invitation.
Origin of disregard
SynonymsSee more synonyms for disregard on Thesaurus.com
1. ignore. 2. insult. See slight. 3. inattention, oversight. 4. disrespect, slight.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to give little or no attention to; ignore
- to treat as unworthy of consideration or respect
- lack of attention or respect
- (often plural) social welfare capital or income which is not counted in calculating the amount payable to a claimant for a means-tested benefit
Word Origin and History for disregardable
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper