- to pay no attention to; leave out of consideration; ignore: Disregard the footnotes.
- to treat without due regard, respect, or attentiveness; slight: to disregard an invitation.
Origin of disregard
Synonyms for disregard
Antonyms for disregard
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to give little or no attention to; ignore
- to treat as unworthy of consideration or respect
- lack of attention or respect
- (often plural) social welfare capital or income which is not counted in calculating the amount payable to a claimant for a means-tested benefit
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper