- a route, way, or course that turns at a sharp angle.
- to proceed around a sharp angle or along an angular or zigzag course: The road doglegged through the mountains.
Origin of dogleg
Related Words for doglegcurve
Examples from the Web for dogleg
Historical Examples of dogleg
I could just pick out the dogleg at Connors, and imagined I could see the traffic light at Chalmers.Cue for Quiet
Thomas L. Sherred
As we rode up we could see a gunyah made out of boughs, and a longish wing of dogleg fence, made light but well put together.Robbery Under Arms
Thomas Alexander Browne, AKA Rolf Boldrewood
- a sharp bend or angle
- something with a sharp bend
- (intr) to go off at an angle
- of or with the shape of a dogleg