Don't judge the value of a thing simply by its appearance.
- Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes
- Don't give up the ship
- don't go there
- Don't hide your light under a bushel
- don't hold your breath
- Don't judge a book by its cover
- don't let the grass grow under one's feet
- Don't lock the stable door after the horse has been stolen
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- don't mention it
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.