don't put off
see put off.
🦖T-Rex - Emoji by Dictionary.comRead more in this article about some frequently asked questions and fun facts related to our definitions.
What Do The A, C, And T Of The ACT Test Mean?Into the heat and happy languor of summer, a chilly reminder of grades and scores is smacking students. Right now, people who took the ACT national exam in June are learning their scores. This may explain why the teens around you seem more ecstatic, despondent, or confused than usual. You probably know how it works: kids take the ACT or the SAT, learn their scores, then send the results to schools that …
- don't let the grass grow under one's feet,
- don't lock the stable door after the horse has been stolen,
- don't look a gift horse in the mouth,
- don't mention it,
- don't put all your eggs in one basket,
- don't put the cart before the horse,
- don't throw out the baby with the bath water,
The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.