Content related to done
Words nearby done
Idioms for done
- tired; exhausted.
- deprived of one's means, position, etc.
- dead or close to death.
OTHER WORDS FROM donehalf-done, adjective
usage note for done
British Dictionary definitions for done for
- an exclamation of frustration when something is ruined
- an exclamation when something is completed
- dead or almost dead
- in serious difficulty
Idioms and Phrases with done for (1 of 2)
Exhausted, worn out, as in This old computer is just about done for. [Colloquial; c. 1800] Also see done in.
Doomed to death or destruction, as in Before he went to the hospital it seemed as if he was done for. [Colloquial; mid-1800s]
Idioms and Phrases with done for (2 of 2)
In addition to the idioms beginning with done
- done deal
- done for
- done in
- done to a T
- easier said than done
- good as done
- have done (with)
- no sooner said (than done)
- not done
- over and done with
- seen one, seen them all (been there, done that)
- what's done is done
- when all's said and done
Also see underdo.