or Earth Mother
- the earth conceived of as the female principle of fertility and the source of all life.
- a female spirit or deity serving as a symbol of life or fertility.
- a sensuous, maternal woman.
Origin of earth mother
First recorded in 1900–05
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (in various mythologies)
- a female goddess considered as the source of fertility and life
- the earth personified
- informal a sensual or fecund woman
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012