or Earth Mother
- the earth conceived of as the female principle of fertility and the source of all life.
- a female spirit or deity serving as a symbol of life or fertility.
- a sensuous, maternal woman.
Origin of earth mother
First recorded in 1900–05
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (in various mythologies)
- a female goddess considered as the source of fertility and life
- the earth personified
- informal a sensual or fecund woman