- Ellsworth,born 1923, U.S. painter and sculptor.
- Emmett (Leo),1898–1979, U.S. circus clown and pantomimist.
- Eugene Cur·ran [kur-uh n, kuhr-] /ˈkɜr ən, ˈkʌr-/, Gene, 1912–96, U.S. dancer, choreographer, actor, and director.
- George (Edward),1887–1974, U.S. playwright and actor.
- Grace PatriciaPrincess Grace of Monaco, 1929–82, U.S. actress: married Prince Rainier III of Monaco 1956.
- Walt,1913–73, U.S. cartoonist.
- Also Kel·lie. a male or female given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Gene, full name Eugene Curran Kelly. 1912–96, US dancer, choreographer, film actor, and director. His many films include An American in Paris (1951) and Singin' in the Rain (1952)
- Grace. 1929–82, US film actress. Her films included High Noon (1952) and High Society (1956). She married Prince Rainier III of Monaco in 1956 and died following a car crash
- Ned. 1855–80, Australian horse and cattle thief and bushranger, active in Victoria: captured by the police and hanged
- game as Ned Kelly or as game as Ned Kelly See game 1 (def. 25)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
common Irish surname, from Old Irish ceallach "war." As a type of pool played with 15 balls, it is attested from 1898. Kelly green first recorded 1917.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper