- an encephalogram.
- an electroencephalograph.
Origin of encephalograph
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the branch of medical science concerned with taking and analysing X-ray photographs of the brain
- another name for electroencephalographySee electroencephalograph
- short for electroencephalograph
- any other apparatus used to produce an encephalogram
- Radiographic examination of the brain in which some of the cerebrospinal fluid is replaced with air or another gas that acts as a contrasting medium.
- An encephalogram.
- An electroencephalogram.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.