- to give energy to; rouse into activity: to energize the spirit with brave words.
- to supply electrical current to or store electrical energy in.
- to be in operation; put forth energy.
Origin of energize
Examples from the Web for energised
Historical Examples of energised
Love is not glorious unless it be braced and energised by power.Expositions of Holy Scripture
This energised rotating spherical mass is thus the primal conception of the energy scheme now to be outlined.
It is clear that the material at different parts of the rotating spheroid will be energised to varying degrees.
If the system were energised to the requisite degree, every energy operation could be carried out as before.
But yet, in point of fact, what was it that inspired and energised the earlier processes, if not this same Divine Influx?Feminism and Sex-Extinction
- to have or cause to have energy; invigorate
- (tr) to apply a source of electric current or electromotive force to (a circuit, field winding, etc)