- a city in SE Nigeria.
- a former secessionist state (1967–70) in SE Nigeria, in W Africa. Capital: Enugu.
- Bight of, a wide bay in the E part of the Gulf of Guinea, off the W coast of Africa.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a state of S Nigeria. Capital: Enugu. Pop: 3 257 298 (2006). Area: 7161 sq km (2765 sq miles)
- a city in S Nigeria, capital of Enugu state: capital of the former Eastern region and of the breakaway state of Biafra during the Civil War (1967–70): coal-mining. Pop: 549 000 (2005 est)
- a region of E Nigeria, formerly a local government region: seceded as an independent republic (1967–70) during the Civil War, but defeated by Nigerian government forces
- Bight of Biafra former name (until 1975) of (the Bight of) Bonny
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012