- an equal distribution of weight; even balance; equilibrium.
- a counterpoise.
- to equal or offset in weight; balance.
Origin of equipoise
Examples from the Web for equipoise
Historical Examples of equipoise
Even on the mornings when he felt ill, if he set to work he recovered his equipoise.Doctor Pascal
The mind became soured and morose, and lost much of its equipoise.Mary Barton
Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell
These and the retracted head and neck adjust the equipoise of the body.Poachers and Poaching
I am positive it will agitate his equipoise to a protracted extent.Frank Merriwell's Triumph
Burt L. Standish
Lockwood started and for a moment he almost lost his equipoise.The Mystery Girl
- even balance of weight or other forces; equilibrium
- a counterbalance; counterpoise
- (tr) to offset or balance in weight or force; balance