- eyeglasses, glass(def 5).
- a single lens used to aid vision, especially one worn or carried on the person; monocle.
- an eyepiece.
- an eyecup.
Origin of eyeglass
Examples from the Web for eyeglass
Contemporary Examples of eyeglass
Seager writes about being threatened by a patient with a shank carved out of an eyeglass stem.Inside a Hospital for the Criminally Insane
September 15, 2014
Historical Examples of eyeglass
She was holding an eyeglass, and as I entered she dropped it and looked at me through her opera-glass.My Double Life
Then, adjusting his eyeglass in a leisurely manner, he walked out of the room.
This he did, and Longworth, again adjusting his eyeglass, read it.
Then the gentleman with the eyeglass said suavely, "Have you been long in London, Mr. Storm?"The Christian
You should have seen the effect of this simple caress upon the eyeglass.Love and Lucy
Maurice Henry Hewlett
- a lens for aiding or correcting defective vision, esp a monocle
- another word for eyepiece
- eyeglasses Glasses for the eyes.
- A single lens in a pair of glasses; a monocle.