- seeing objects at a distance more clearly than those near at hand; hyperopic.
- seeing to a great distance.
- wise, as in foreseeing future developments: a farsighted statesman.
Origin of farsighted
Synonyms for farsightedSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for far-sightedacute, canny, cautious, clairvoyant, discerning, judicious, levelheaded, perceptive, politic, prescient, provident, prudent, sagacious, sage, shrewd, well-balanced, wise, commonsensical, cool-headed
Examples from the Web for far-sighted
Contemporary Examples of far-sighted
We are lucky that so many were, like Lange, smart, even-handed, and far-sighted.HIV’s Greatest Foe Went Down With MH17
July 18, 2014
How can we be so far-sighted as to miss the obvious things right before us?How Big Oil Conned Obama
May 31, 2010
On the surface, the bill sounds libertarian, albeit in a far-sighted Blade Runner sort of way.Antichrist Fears Win a Vote in Virginia
February 11, 2010
Historical Examples of far-sighted
Thrifty and far-sighted, as witness the good ten thousand in cash.Gigolo
The rank and file were neither so far-sighted nor so moderate.Lectures on the French Revolution
John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton
But Father Gregory, whose old eyes were far-sighted, had seen it all.Long Live the King
Mary Roberts Rinehart
But Kociuszko was too far-sighted to content himself with promises.Kosciuszko
Monica Mary Gardner
However, you have been far-sighted in fixing beforehand how far I am to go.The Letters of Cicero, Volume 1
Marcus Tullius Cicero
- possessing prudence and foresight
- med of, relating to, or suffering from hyperopia
- another word for long-sighted
- Able to see distant objects better than objects at close range; hyperopic.
- Capable of seeing to a great distance.