- seeing objects at a distance more clearly than those near at hand; hyperopic.
- seeing to a great distance.
- wise, as in foreseeing future developments: a farsighted statesman.
Origin of farsighted
Synonyms for farsightedSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Examples from the Web for farsightedness
Historical Examples of farsightedness
All the Believers, confiding in their chief's farsightedness, set ardently to work.The Life of Mohammad
He left the permanent stamp of his wisdom and farsightedness upon that valuable document.
If the subject can read above the twenty-foot line and complains of headache from reading, farsightedness is indicated.
Still another defect of vision is known as presbyopia or farsightedness due to old age.
The line was successfully built and operated and the completed project was a monument to his enterprise and farsightedness.
- Able to see distant objects better than objects at close range; hyperopic.
- Capable of seeing to a great distance.
- See hyperopia.