- an advocate of federalism.
- (initial capital letter) U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Federalist party.
- Also fed·er·al·is·tic. of federalism or the Federalists.
Origin of federalist
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for federalistic
Historical Examples of federalistic
In the Fundamentals one could clearly discern Palacks ideas of federalistic Austria.
- a supporter or member of the Federalist party
- characteristic of the Federalists
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper