- lacking the normal mental powers.
- Medicine/Medical. (no longer in technical use) mentally deficient.
- stupid or foolish; not sensible: feeble-minded remarks.
- Archaic. lacking firmness of mind; indecisive.
Origin of feeble-minded
First recorded in 1525–35
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for feeble-minded
Some people chose to infer that we believed humans to be feeble-minded, which we never did.Daniel Kahneman’s Gripe With Behavioral Economics
April 26, 2013
The feeble-minded have no forethought and no self-restraint.The Task of Social Hygiene
But the feeble-minded one was prepared for anything by the time the miracle happened.The Genius
Margaret Horton Potter
And I reckin that's the cause of my bein' here to-day, accused of bein' feeble-minded.From Place to Place
Irvin S. Cobb
But why do the feeble-minded tend so strongly to become delinquent?
This young woman is feeble-minded and should be classed as such.
- lacking in intelligence; stupid
- mentally defective
- lacking decision; irresolute