[fee-jee-uh n, fi-jee-uh n]
- of or relating to Fiji, its people, or their language.
- a native of the Fiji Islands.
- the Austronesian language spoken by the Fijians.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for fijian
On Wednesday afternoon Fijian time, Slater was poised to surf against Hawaiian Sebastian Zietz in a quarterfinal heat.Kelly Slater Gets a Perfect Surfing Score
June 12, 2013
The Fijian—he who had escaped from the massacre of the Fedora—was the guide."Martin Of Nitendi"; and The River Of Dreams
It is as barbarous and unintelligent as any myth of Zulu or Fijian.The Astronomy of the Bible
E. Walter Maunder
Much to my surprise, the native Fijian is a man of leisure and not of toil.The Flying Bo'sun
The Fijian will not do hard work if he has a chance to run away.
The Fijian dives for these among the reefs, a kind of work that suits him to a T.
- a member of the indigenous people of mixed Melanesian and Polynesian descent inhabiting Fiji
- the language of this people, belonging to the Malayo-Polynesian family
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Fiji or its inhabitants
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012